Blugecko is an elephant friendly tour operator and agent. Blugecko only sells treks which offer a more ethical and postive elephant interaction experience.
Chiang Mai Package:
CMFD12 Chiang Rai and Karen Long Neck Tour
This one day Chiang Rai tour from Chiang Mai will visit the famous Karen long Neck tribe as well as Chiang Rai's important attractions.
Be prepared for an early start as there will be a lot of ground to cover on this one day Chiang Rai tour from Chiang Mai! At 07:30am we will depart Chiang Mai and make our way north out of Chiang Mai to the province of Chiang Rai. Our first stop of the day will be at Mae Kha Jan hot springs this is a stop to break up the longish journey and here you can see the natural hot springs which surface in this area. Feel free to boil an egg in the hot spring water or dip your feet before we board the bus to continue the journey to the second stop of the day at Wat Rong Khun (White Temple). Wat Rong Khun was recently damaged by an earthquake but is still worth the stop and restoration work is well underway! We will then make the drive to Thailand's top north and the to the famous Golden Triangle here you will be able to stand at the view point over the Mekong River and see both Myanmar (Burma) and Laos while standing in Thailand. At the golden Triangle you can take the option of taking a long tail boat over to the Laos side where you will be able to visit a small tourist market. For those who do not take the boat ride option then they can visit a small museum detailing the opium poppy drug trade which once flourished in the golden triangle area. Following The Golden Triangle we will take a stop in Mae Sai which is the main border town between Myanmar, here you can visit the border market. On the return back to Chiang Mai we will stop to see the Karen Long Neck and Akha hill tribe.
• 07:30 Pickup from your Chiang Mai Hotel
• Drive towards Chiang Rai
• Visit Mae Kha Jan Hot Springs
• Visit Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
• Drive to Golden Triangle
• Golden Triangle View point (Laos, Myanmar and Thailand).
• Option - Boat trip on Mekong to Laos OR Opium Museum
• Visit Mae Sai border market
• Visit Karen Long Neck
• Visit Hill tribes
• Transfer to your Chiang Mai hotel 21:00
Group Join In Tour
Adult (Thai Baht)
Child - under 123cm tall (Thai Baht)
|Infant 0-24 months (no allocated seat)
This tour includes:
• On this tour you will be visiting Buddhist temples, respectful and neat dress is always appreciated at temples, please wear knee length shorts and a shirt which covers your shoulders
• Please be prepared for the occasional shower, luckily in Chiang Mai rainfall is mostly confined to short showers rather than prolonged rainfall. A lightweight easily packable raincoat is an ideal precaution
• No swim wear is required on this tour